December 25, 2012

i am merry.

this has been a phenomonal Christmas.
its been extra sweet, savoring everyday, knowing this will be the last one here until 2014.

and, this christmas we celebrate our third christmas weddding....we are getting good at this sort of thing. but at the same time, remind me never to do this to my mother--when i get married.

to say the least, my parents are incredible.
every year, they say its tight and not to expect much--which i've always been okay with--because i understand--and besides i'd rather just be with family anyways, but seriously, they do make christmas quite exciting and so happy.

this the "emily is going on a mission Christmas".
Hence the 3 piece luggage set, the rain jacket, the argentina flag blanket, 10 pairs of tights, earrings, waterbottle, spanish mini preach my gospel, and much much more! i just can't believe it! they are so so so good to me.

this christmas we also did a few things we've never done before....
--we ate cinnamon rolls (made by me) for breakfast before we opened presents
--we used paper plates for every meal (heaven!)
--we went to the movie theatres, to see Les Misérables! Incredible. Phenomenal. Wonderful. Inspiring. And I still don't think that gives it justice.
--we had fewer numbers--just the five of us (dad, mom, cj, danielle, and me) it was quiet--and i kinda liked it ;)

Christmas eve, even though my dad and i were completely sugared-out, found ourselves at Cold Stone for some ice cream because of my birthday coupon. We also went caroling, per-tradition, to our neighbors which is something i hope to do with my kids.

Christmas night, the caudles, and vances came over for a great feast. i always love gatherings to eat like  kings and queens. we played rounds of catch-phrase, and i played "Headbandz" with the kids, and helped them do a 3-D puzzle. and when i say "helped" them, they sat and watched, because it was so hard--but secretly, so fun.

I really love my family, and feel blessed to be apart of this eternal family. I love Christmas and the spirit of happiness, and giving that comes with it. I am convinced if we could live with the Spirit of Christ daily in our homes, our societies would be transform, purified and sanctified. The baby Jesus was born of a virgin Mary. He lived a perfect life, to then atone for all our sins, trials, infirmities, troubles, sickness, everything we will pass through in this life--so that we can one day live with our Heavenly Father again. Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, the Counsellor, the Prince of Peace. He died for me, and I so love Him for it.





Merry Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment